• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not receiving twitter push notifications

OhioGuy59

For the past several days I have not been receiving twitter push notifications on my phone. The problem started on my Galaxy S3 a few days ago. The only way I could get the notifications to work was to uninstall and reinstall the twitter app. However, when I turned off the notifications (which I do a couple times each day), I couldn't get them turned back on again unless I did an uninstall.
Yesterday, I bought an S5. I was hoping the problem would be solved but now I'm not getting any push notifications on this phone! I have tried uninstalling but it's not working at all.
Any ideas/solutions?
Thanks

Perhaps it is an issue with your Twitter settings on your twitter account if it doesn't work on two separate phones?

That's one way of getting notifications but it's not the way I prefer. It's easier to manage them directly through the app instead of the website. There's some kind of problem there that has to be fixed.

E! breaking news notifications have never worked for me on my Galaxy S5. I have it checked on, emptied the cache, re-installed the app many times - nothing...funny how it works on my tablet and my old phone HTC branded.

Last night, out of nowhere, the push notifications started back up. I didn't do anything to the settings; they just started back up. Let's see if the problem is fixed.

Back
Top Bottom