• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 4 N910A wont connect to computer but my N910T and N910H both do connect to computer

Jeep00XJ

Lurker
May 26, 2018
Hello,

I have a Note 4 N910A wont connect to computer but my N910T and N910H both do connect to computer. Using the same computer i can transfer data to and from both my N910H and N910T with no problems So drivers are good but my Laptop wont read my N910A, i have tried the *#0808# and made sure it was set to MTP + ADB , used developer settings i have it set to MTP deugging is on. This phone is 2 years old but my N910H is over 3 years old so i dont think age has to do with it. Also i cant use android Auto in my Jeep or Car so it has to be the device also it was taking a ver long time to charge the batter so i switched out the usb port on the phone and hoping that would also fix the issue of not connecting is it possible it may be something with the Mother board?
Also this phone will not connect to odin like all the other phones will, tired different cables and plugs and devices this N910A will not connect to any device by usb .... i would like to use this phone as it has LTE and my N910H only has 3G and my N910T is a parts phone. Help with this would great i will try anything even switching out motherboards i just dont know what to do with it have tired everything that i know i am puzzled.

Thanks in advanced.

Reactions: LeeMe
Ok so i changed the usb port out hoping that would fix the problem of charging and connecting to the computer but changing the usb out is not working. Also i downloaded a app called ampere, this app measure how much power is being used to charge your phone and on my n910A the battery charge is between 40 mA to 380 mA with it normally sitting around 120 mA with my N910H with the same apps installed and it measures between 400 mA to 1020 mA with a normal around 630 mA so there is something wrong with this phone idk what it is..

Upvote 0
My N910H is charging way faster then my N910A is it has a good usb port the only thing it i think it is... well the mother board but idk

Attachments

• Charging N910H.png
    Charging N910H.png
    703.1 KB · Views: 175
  • Charging N910A.png
    Charging N910A.png
    707.5 KB · Views: 171
Upvote 0
If the charging issue is part of the electronics it won't, but I have found the battery to be bad and not accepting a full charge to be the real problem. I bought 2 sets of 'new' batteries from Hong Kong for my Note 4, neither of them would take a full charge and give the life expectancy of a good battery.

Went to a brick and mortar store and bought a genuine Samsung battery for $40 over 18 months ago and it still charges to 100% and gives good life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones