• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help notification light failure

nickdalzell

Extreme Android User
My Nexus 10 no longer flashes the little LED light when a notification arrives. Is there a common failure rate for the led? Light flow also no worky.

My Nexus 10 no longer flashes the little LED light when a notification arrives. Is there a common failure rate for the led? Light flow also no worky.

I responded to your other post. Be sure in the settings, under display that pulse notification is enabled. My next question is what do you mean by light flow not working

It is checked, I have also tried rebooting with it plugged in per another suggestion I found on a Google search. Light flow is an app to control the LED and customize the colors, I intended to see if a third party app could work around the issue of it no longer working in Android itself. I just checked with LED tester and nothing. A shame to discover a hardware failure with the LED on a $499 tablet. I was actually getting used to the feature on my phone and welcomed it on my tablet but if it failed, it failed. I have tried everything and cannot revive the LED. I never ever dropped or abused it so it bugs me that it failed for seemingly no reason.

Did you try ledblinker lite? Try their test......

Edit also there is a Motorola widget to enable and disable, it does work on mine........

Back
Top Bottom