• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification No Longer Works

Peaches037

I'm not sure what happened.. Visual voicemail, sms, and a couple of others are no longer notifying me that I have a message.. I no longer see icons at the top left corner either..

I checked the volume and I went into each app to see if I disabled notifications, but they are enabled..

I can't say how long this has happened because I usually have my phone on vibrate.. Even in that instance I would still feel it vibrate and the icon would pop up..

Is there some where else I should be checking? All help is appreciated.

Thank you. 😳

You can check each app notification and see if its enable . but the vibrate setting did it are u rooted and running any rom or custom roms game emulator or games

You can check each app notification and see if its enable . but the vibrate setting did it are u rooted and running any rom or custom roms game emulator or games

No I'm not rooted or anything.
I checked the apps and they are enabled.. I have the volume on loud as well. I don't understand your question about the games.

I'm not sure what happened.. Visual voicemail, sms, and a couple of others are no longer notifying me that I have a message.. I no longer see icons at the top left corner either..

I checked the volume and I went into each app to see if I disabled notifications, but they are enabled..

I can't say how long this has happened because I usually have my phone on vibrate.. Even in that instance I would still feel it vibrate and the icon would pop up..

Is there some where else I should be checking? All help is appreciated.

Thank you. 😳

Since this started happening, have you soft reset your phone (e.g. pull the battery out and put back in OR restart via power button)?

I did a soft reset..

Okay, try checking the individual apps (e.g. messaging, voicemail) in the application manager:

Menu>Settings>GeneralTab>Application Manager

Scroll down to each of the apps that you're not receiving visual notifications. When you click on each app, make sure that the box indicationg "Show Notification" is checked.

Part of me feels that there's a quicker way to do this, but this is the only thing that I can think of right now. If the boxes are unchecked for those, my first inclination is to think that there's some sort of power saving app that you've downloaded, that automatically toggles those off.

BTW, I should ask, do you use Blocking Mode or Power Saving Mode? Both of those could potentially stop visual notifications from showing up as well.

I went to each individual app and checked the notifications box. Only this is I still don't hear a sound, although my volume is high. I don't know what to do about that..

I went to each individual app and checked the notifications box. Only this is I still don't hear a sound, although my volume is high. I don't know what to do about that..

Did you double check that the notification volume is all the way up as well? The volume levels can be set differently for phone, system, notifications, and media.

While on the homescreen, if you press the volume button, there's a Cog next to the volume indicator and when you click on that, you'll see the volume levels for the notifications. Adjust it according to your needs.

Back