• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification problems

Hi!
As a former iPhone-user for the past 10 years, I got a bit tired of it, wanted to try a new system, so I got a Samsung s10e, but I can't really get along with the notifications, hope someone might be able to help or tell me it's a lost case :)

First of all I like having the number-bubbles on the app when I get a notification, but lets say I get two messages, and I open the app but only read one of the messages, the bubble will disappear, I would like it to stay but with a 1 instead of 2. Is this possible? Has it something to do with the theme? (I've tried a couple different themes but no luck)

I also have problems with snapchat (no notifications at all) and gmail which doesn't show any bubbles at all, and only notifications sometimes.

Hope someone can help, I've checked all the settings for this.. (both in app and phone)

Sure it depends on the manufacturers and their launchers. My Huawei shows the notifications with numbers for everything, just like iOS apparently, but my spare Samsung S7 does not. Although I've noticed Gmail on my Huawei doesn't show notifications, but Outlook and QQ Mail do. Maybe there's an option in the Gmail settings, I've not looked myself. Don't use Snapchat, so can't comment about that. I mostly use WeChat and WhatsApp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom