• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nullifying an action in ADB

Pauls2

Lurker
Hello people, I'm a new user. I'm a beginner/apprentice in developing Android apps. Preliminarily, I have a little trouble.

if I gave the command

Code:
adb shell settings put global enable_freeform_support 1

how can I now reactivate the previous state (in the recent app, at the top bars, there persist the icons for resizing forms)? Maybe putting the 0 value instead of 1 in the above command line may solve the problem? Thanks

Do you know there's a setting in the Developer Options to do this - 'Force activities to be resizable'

Alternatively you can try using a value of 0 on your ADB command, that should revert the behaviour back to default state.

Do you know there's a setting in the Developer Options to do this - 'Force activities to be resizable'

Alternatively you can try using a value of 0 on your ADB command, that should revert the behaviour back to default state.

Yes, I know this fact. I had in fact disabled D.O. and deactivated that setting. However the icons persist. Do you have any idea of the reason for all this? Perhaps does the above command, given after having used (i.e. activated) the setting in D.O., force to maintain the freeform support enabled? Now I'm going to try your hint. Many thanks.

Edit: it works good with value 0.
many many thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom