• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Odd touch glitch on account of moisture. How do I prevent this again?

Elderp

Lurker
Hello, I need a few tips on how to prevent the touch screen from getting all glitchy again. I do runs regularly and I use my phone as a music player. Problem is that I can't put it in my hand or in my pocket, otherwise it gets slightly moist and completely unusable while running. Will a simple screen protector prevent getting humidity on the phone or anything else? Or will I need to get something else that will be used as a music player? :(

Thanks in advance!

Hello, I need a few tips on how to prevent the touch screen from getting all glitchy again. I do runs regularly and I use my phone as a music player. Problem is that I can't put it in my hand or in my pocket, otherwise it gets slightly moist and completely unusable while running. Will a simple screen protector prevent getting humidity on the phone or anything else? Or will I need to get something else that will be used as a music player? :(

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the delayed response. You can try running with the phone in your pocket sealed in a sandwich-sized ziplock bag, sealed as much as possible with just enough space to let the headphone cable emerge. You should still be able to control the display through the thin bag, while preventing condensation on the device itself.

Another idea, of course, is to run with a cheap iPod Shuffle to play music and save your phone for being a phone...

Back