• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

odd wifi connection failure issue? :/

dan55

Android Expert
hi all,

this has started happening in the last couple of weeks - my tab3 stops working with the wifi at work - establishes a connection ok - but cant receive any data over the link :/ very odd - seems intermittent - my s3 works ok over same wifi

-- just happens are work - home wifi seems to work all the time - so that does point to the encryption issue maybe :/

thanks
dan

mmm....seems like a few peeps are having similar - but neither of the fixes works for me :/
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...tab-3-8-0-connected-wifi-but-no-internet.html

Sounds as if you're connecting to the wifi access point and the router, but not getting out of the router. (I'm using the terms to refer to what's inside the box, not just calling the box "a router".) It could be that the router isn't set up right. Or it could be a flaky router. Even Linkys go bad eventually. (I just had to replace one that was running 24/7/265 for over 10 years.)

thanks Rukbat - but if that was the issue, wouldnt my phone stop working through the same wifi? :/

Back
Top Bottom