• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Official] 5.0.1 Update Discussion - Support

Just got the OTA notice. Of course, it popped up literally 28 seconds after rooting and rebooting....

Google is laughing at me. Now I probably can't OTA my N6, and still no F'ing lollipop for my N7 LTE.

:mad:

I got the OTA and applied it right away. I knew this was going to happen with a version X.00 so i waited to root. :) The factory image is up for 5.01 if you are in a flashing mood.

Screenshot_2014-12-10-21-13-20.png

Last edited:
I am on AT&T with the locked down AT&T N6 and I got Nadda. Nothing, Zilch, ZERO....Zamboni?

Sorry couldn't help it. I hate that commercial.

Am I the only one not installing this? As far as I understand this updated was mostly for the devices that 5.0 wasn't working well on and adds nothing or little to the N6? I probably won't add an update until they add something of significance. My phone works fine now and I'm sure there are people out there that have updated theirs and now have some kind of problem from it.

A nexus owner who doesn't update on the day the images are released? *faint* ;)

No problems here ... not much a difference either. Not sure what it "fixed" for the 6 but if i had it, i don't anymore. ;) :D

So I just saw this. Wondering if this is what's holding up 5.0.1 for some of us.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/google-may-already-working-biggest-155318228.html

- From the article ...

Here's the full list of features and bug fixes that will supposedly come with Android 5.1.

• Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0
  • General improvements in system stability
  • Improved RAM management
  • Fixes for sudden app closures
  • Improved battery management
  • Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed
  • Issues with wireless connections fixed
  • Problems with Okay Google function solved
  • Notifications problems solved
  • Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed
  • Other improvements and changes
  • Changes in the Material Design color palette (after users complaints, possibly for a higher version though)

Still waiting for it on AT&T.

Don't want to side load the update as 1. I've never done it before and 2. not really comfortable doing it.

What the hell is taking to so long to get it?

AT&T Nexus4, Elk Grove, CA, just received the notice for download today (12/18)

I've been reading some user reviews of it affecting their phone in adverse ways (battery drain/indicator issues, phone call issues, data connectivity, etc) - all which are claimed to be intermittent - hopefully this isn't too bad :\

Anyone else noticing much better battery life?

Been off the charger since 7:30 AM PST. It's 2:30 right now, and I'm at 79% after moderate usage this morning.

Still (STILL) on 5.0 no update. Off charger at 6AM CT it's 4:40 now and I am at 62% (18 hours left) - I been killing it on battery life since day one, but I am comparing to a 2013 Moto X that struggled at times to make it a whole day on a charge.

Oops, I meant to post that in the Moto360 forum... Too many tabs... *blush*

But, yes, for my needs, the N6 battery life has been phenomenal thus far.

Actually I have noticed the battery life to be a little better... I havent rooted yet tho.... that shamu rom looks interesting ...

Im gonna wait for a really good touchwiz rom... lmao!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Question, has ANYONE on AT&T gotten the OTA actual update for 5.0.1 for the Nexus 6? Is this just a carrier thing?

Don't worry, at least you have the update available if you chose to manually flash it.

I'm still waiting for firmware to even be posted for my Nexus 7 LTE. How ridiculous is it that all of the Nexii have it except for the flagship mobile versions of both Nexus 7's?

Stupid, that's what that is.

I'm still waiting for firmware to even be posted for my Nexus 7 LTE. How ridiculous is it that all of the Nexii have it except for the flagship mobile versions of both Nexus 7's?
Gotta thank Big red for that :( I put up with this on my Galaxy Nexus on Sprint for almost a year - grr...

Back
Top Bottom