• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ok bought the phone, on Metro PCS. NOW WHAT.

I have been looking at this phone for a month, could not take it any more and so I bought it. I am in love with it so far, but I would like to root the phone and purge the ATT crap. Will I have any problem rooting, using the ATT root, being that the phone on Metros network? Also what do i need to back up?

First freeze any app you want to get rid of and run the phone for at least a few days. If it gives you problems, unfreeze it and don't get rid of it. It's a lot less work that backing the app up, changing it to a user app, uninstalling it, then having to reinstall it and changing it back to a system app.

As far as rooting, if you can't root using adb, you shouldn't be rooting the phone. You have no idea what a "one click root" is doing in addition to leaving you rooted. People who rooted the AT&T Note 3, then unrooted it, still couldn't get the 4.4.2 update - there were changes made to the system in addition to rooting it. Unrooting it didn't reverse those changes.

So what you are saying Rukbat, is that anyone that makes a one click root should not be trusted? I have rooted all of my android phones, using one method or another, with the fine help of the great people from this forum, so it will be up to me to make that decision. As for my question of Root, has any one out there rooted the ATT G Pro after it was on the Metro network and did it cause any problems?

I first bought the phone through at&t then Metro PCS did the rest. Im running 4.1.2 and my 4G LTE download speed with Metro PCS is 30mbps/upload 20mbps and unlimited data and calling for $60! Cmon you cant beat that! I just need to know what rooting method to use whether the AT&T way or is there a Metro PCS method. I know Metro PCS is T-Mobile. Please help.

Back