• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OK Folks S3 or Supreme

jamstewonline

I want a larger phone. Currently have F3 and like it a lot but screen size and screen quality are important to me. Camera quality should be good but not that big of a pic taker. Low internal space is ok if moving apps 2 sd is available.

The only thing that concerns me is :

Some people say the screen on the supreme is weak and can break easily.

People say the S3 can have problems with the charging port.

I can't decide need your opinion on these phones please.

Unless price is a big factor (Supreme is 50% off for the next few days) I would also go with the Galaxy S3. LG Volt is getting good reviews, but it only has 8GB like the Supreme.

I was ready to buy an S3 until the Volt came out. I have only had it a few days, but so far so good. My reasons for for buying the Volt were:

1) LG is not Samsung, but still a pretty good manufacturer.
2) Kit Kat is newer than Jellybean and will getting more attention from Android.
3) Spark enabled - the only phone in the VM lineup that is.
4) The hardware spec's will meet my needs.
5) The overwhelming positive reviews - especially for a mid-range device.

This is not a knock on the S3. I just saw the opportunity in the Volt to get current technology where I thought it would count in a year or two.

My thoughts are with the current lineup of VM Android devices, not counting the pricey S5, the next two are the S3 and Volt - nothing else.

I was ready to buy an S3 until the Volt came out. I have only had it a few days, but so far so good. My reasons for for buying the Volt were:

1) LG is not Samsung, but still a pretty good manufacturer.
2) Kit Kat is newer than Jellybean and will getting more attention from Android.
3) Spark enabled - the only phone in the VM lineup that is.
4) The hardware spec's will meet my needs.
5) The overwhelming positive reviews - especially for a mid-range device.

This is not a knock on the S3. I just saw the opportunity in the Volt to get current technology where I thought it would count in a year or two.

My thoughts are with the current lineup of VM Android devices, not counting the pricey S5, the next two are the S3 and Volt - nothing else.

The S3 does run Kit Kat. Virgin started rolling it out last week. If you don't want to wait, it's available through Kies. I updated last week, and it seems to run a bit faster, with better battery life than 4.3.

I would definitely say the S3. I've had mine close to a year now, with no issues. IMO, ZTE is not a brand I would buy yet.

For what it's worth, I've had no problems with the ZTE Supreme that would make me regret purchasing it for $150 on Black Friday (same price is available now on VM.com). The screen isn't gorilla glass but seems tough and has stood up to the ordinary drops and stuff. I was very skeptical about ZTE but I've been pleasantly surprised with the build quality of the device.

That said, given the difference between the Supreme on a huge sale and the Volt at list price is $30, if I were in the market for a new phone, I'd probably wait a few weeks for the Volt to go on sale and snap it up. This is especially true if I am in a Spark market.

EDIT: I'll qualify my pro-Volt opinion by saying that it does not appear anybody has been able to root it so far because LG locked down the bootloader. If you want a rooted device, you may want to wait until they figure this out.

I had LG's for many years and they always worked good. Never had a problem. The last one was an Optimums V - Had it for 1.5 years and its sitting in a box right, charge it up and it would work just fine. But hands down, I do believe the S3 was the best phones and the biggest one in leaps over the competition. I've had mine for over a year now, with NO problems. I even dropped it out of the golf cart onto the cement path. Its got a small dent it the upper left corner, but works like a charm. The VM version has 16gb of internal memory. I don't thing any of the LG's can match the memory. It supports KitKat as others have noted. For the cost, its still one of the better devices that I ever had.

JMHO - Your mileage may vary

:D

Based on experience over 10 years, i would go with htc, lg, or zte easily, but would never get samsung. They are like fords and chevys, which have problems right after your warranty expires. Or, you die so GM can save 57 cents on a part......:(

Based on experience over 10 years, i would go with htc, lg, or zte easily, but would never get samsung. They are like fords and chevys, which have problems right after your warranty expires. Or, you die so GM can save 57 cents on a part......:(
Lolwut...

The Desire has incredible sound through the boom sound speakers if you are interested in listening to music or videos without headphones, it is a great phone for the price as well!

OK Update got the S3. Love it so far. But that means a farewell good bye to the F3 well sort of, it will now be my bedside alarm and radio. Kyocera Rise now retired along with the HTC Hero. and now i have to move on and start reading the S3 forums so stay safe and play nice everyone maybe i will see you in the S3 forums.

Back
Top Bottom