• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

On call - screen turns off when "waving my finger" near the notification bar

Clocks

Apr 18, 2010
Anyone else notice when you're on a phone call if you move your finger near the little dot to the left of the verizon logo the screen will turn off?

It's annoying when multitasking because that functionality remains regardless of whether the phone call is the active screen or not. If you are watching the Google Navigation screen and you're on a call, move your finger near the little dot next to the verizon logo and the screen turns off.

Anyone know what causes this?

Anyone else notice when you're on a phone call if you move your finger near the little dot to the left of the verizon logo the screen will turn off?

It's annoying when multitasking because that functionality remains regardless of whether the phone call is the active screen or not. If you are watching the Google Navigation screen and you're on a call, move your finger near the little dot next to the verizon logo and the screen turns off.

Anyone know what causes this?

This is a feature, not a bug. It's designed to do this so that when you are talking with the phone on your face you don't push buttons. I doubt you can turn it off though unfortunately. I could be wrong.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones