• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help On/Off button broken

Hello,

A few days ago my on/off button stopped working, so i have a question in order to use my milestone with some more confidence, because i am a little scared when my battery is very low and may be turn off, that i can't turn my milestone/droid on anymore.

So my question is: is there any possible way to use my camera button for unlock/on/off button?

Thanks and have a nice day,

Rick
The Netherlands

Does the button appear to have caved into the frame (i.e. no longer pops up to be level with the frame)? If that is the case then the problem is the little rubber tabs have torn loose from the power button. You can separate the frame and try to re-attach the rubber tabs to the power button.

If the power switch on the PC board no longer functions then you will need to replace the entire motherboard (but, you can leave the touch-screen board alone). I have yet to find anywhere I can obtain just the motherboard (GSM-version) for less than $180 USD.

For your other option--making the camera button function as the on/off button...not possible if I'm reading the wire-tracing correctly. You can change the camera button to lock/unlock by changing the UI (need to root it first) but the on/off doesn't appear to be re-assignable.

See ya...

d.c.

Back