• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root One V bootloader unlocked but still can't root?

I'm very new to rooting. My Virgin Mobile HTC One V's bootloader has been unlocked but I don't know what to do after that to complete and finish rooting it?

I put into fastboot mode and selected 'Reboot', which it restarted and got back to the home screen safely but my brother says SuperUser should be on my phone as an indication that it is indeed properly rooted. It is not there on my apps screen, so I'm wondering what the issue may be? When he first tried it months ago and rebooted the screen was stuck on the HTC logo with red letters about 'for developers purpose only'..etc. Can anyone run me through and help me out? I would really really appreciate it because I need to tether to my laptop for it's own hotspot. Thanks.

i have the same problem and i have went over those steps multiple times. it won't go past the htc screen. i have no idea what to do now.

Your issue is not root it is rom. Now that you have unlocked the boot loader,you need to enter recovery and flash a rom. It will have root in it.

Back
Top Bottom