• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help One V is getting worse by the day

saintcala

It getting quite annoying. The lagging and slow performance. I've had the one V for 9 months now. I'm going to try and hold out until Xmas.

I"m right there with you. And for those that ask about rooting, I'm just a regular joe who doesn't expect to have to reconfigure a phone and be a technician to try and fix all the things that go wrong with it. I mainly just come on this forum looking for tips and tricks. Not how to fix a piece of junk phone.

I"m right there with you. And for those that ask about rooting, I'm just a regular joe who doesn't expect to have to reconfigure a phone and be a technician to try and fix all the things that go wrong with it. I mainly just come on this forum looking for tips and tricks. Not how to fix a piece of junk phone.
i'm just a regular joe too, it took me about 2 hours to root mine using the step by step guide.

No not rooted. I will be getting myself a new tablet this summer so I can use that as my main android device. Im not into rooting. Hopefully sprint will "hand-me-down" the LG optimus f3 to VM and I can use that. That more wishful thinking.

a couple hours of your time and none of your money; that's what rooting takes.

i strongly suggest it, it's all laid out in the guide.

I had the same issue with my (non-rooted) One V lagging badly after several months. I eventually did a factory reset on it, and that basically resolved the issue. And it really didn't take very long to reinstall my apps afterwards.

OK guys here we go with my update on this phone, which is kind of wierd.

I left the phone outside overnight and it got rained on. Phone works but screen is half shot. Which is kind of a testament to the HTC One V. No, I didn't leave it outside on purpose.

Got in touch with Virgin Mobile and they are sending me a replacement phone for free, even though it was my fault. (Kudos to Virgin Mobile)

My opinion on this is either I'm really lucky and thankful, or they are trying to give this phone away because they don't sell them anymore (and it's a piece of crap), or they don't want to loose me as a customer, or all the above.

Once I get the new phone in the next day or two, we'll see how the new one works. I will try to report back in about 2 weeks of the performance. (going on vacation during the time).

Blazin

Root the thing, put rhythmic rom 1.4 on it and flash the latest cross breeder tweaks.

You'll get rid of the lag, dump the stupid VM bloat apps, overclock the thing to 2ghz. And have it running android 4.2.2 And basically have you a little kick butt phone for very little money.

Why get a $300+ device when a $50 one from radio shack will run just as fast if not better.

Android is all about community and not letting the man have his way just because he thinks he can.

Then there's always the iPhone;)

Back
Top Bottom