• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help OnePlus 6T ADB Sideloading error

hollic01

Lurker
Hello everyone,
I am trying to install a custom ROM on my OnePlus 6T, as I currently have no OS installed. I tried ADB sideloading LineageOS through TWRP recovery, but it gives me an error: "* failed to read command:". I also tried using the ADB push command. But that did not work either, it gives me the error: "no such file or directory". My OnePlus 6T is rooted and has the bootloader unlocked. I also am in ADB Sideload mode in TWRP when I attempt the sideload if anyone was gonna ask.
Is it just a simple driver issue or what is going on?
I have trouble finding help online, so I hope you guys can help me find a solution.

Kind regards

Hello everyone,
I am trying to install a custom ROM on my OnePlus 6T, as I currently have no OS installed. I tried ADB sideloading LineageOS through TWRP recovery, but it gives me an error: "* failed to read command:". I also tried using the ADB push command. But that did not work either, it gives me the error: "no such file or directory". My OnePlus 6T is rooted and has the bootloader unlocked. I also am in ADB Sideload mode in TWRP when I attempt the sideload if anyone was gonna ask.
Is it just a simple driver issue or what is going on?
I have trouble finding help online, so I hope you guys can help me find a solution.

Kind regards
I was not aware of an official LineageOS release for the OnePlus 6T.

Is your 6T by any chance a converted T-Mobile (USA) model?

Is the Lineage ROM that you are attempting to flash in the ADB folder and are you using the correct pathway to it?

It is late here in the U.K. and I may not get back to you for awhile.

Alright. Here's the solution!

1. Flash TWRP recovery.
2. Go to the TWRP recovery and Wipe-->Advanced wipe---> Wipe Data,System,Cache,Delvik Cache & then do factory reset.
3. Now click Install and flash te OOS 4.1.7 Zip file.

You're done.

*DO NOT FORGET TO TAKE NANDROID OR TITANIUM BACKUP*

Found This on the internet. Not Sure If its going to work.

Alright. Here's the solution!

1. Flash TWRP recovery.
2. Go to the TWRP recovery and Wipe-->Advanced wipe---> Wipe Data,System,Cache,Delvik Cache & then do factory reset.
3. Now click Install and flash te OOS 4.1.7 Zip file.

You're done.

*DO NOT FORGET TO TAKE NANDROID OR TITANIUM BACKUP*

Found This on the internet. Not Sure If its going to work.
I am afraid that those instructions are for a OnePlus 3, (OOS 4.1.7), which does not have the A/B partition of the OnePlus 6T.

Back
Top Bottom