• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Only Gettin 1g on Phone Backside

quacles

Mar 12, 2012
Recently my phone has only been able to get 1g no matter where I am, even in places where I use to have 3g. I've tried going in and out of airplane mode and disabling and reenable data, reflashing, and the Dial *#*#4636#*#* thing.

Anything else I can do besides contacting VM?

Nah, not my first experience with backside been running for close to 3 months, and it just started telling me I'm not getting 3g today. But I think I may have fixed it, went back to a stock recovery, then reflashed backside, and I think it's working now...

Edit:

Yeah it's fixed.

Upvote 0
1x for me too. All day yesterday and all day today I barely been able to connect to 3G. I've done every thing you've done too, airplane mode, turn on and off, take out battery, and nothing. Even when i dial *#*#4696*#*#, change from CDMA auto (PRL) to EvDo only, the 3G icon will be in the status bar but can't connect to anything. Change back to CDMA auto (PRL), and it will cycle between 1x and 3G to just no connection at all. Phone currently says 56% time without a signal. I'm using my phone in places where i have always had good connection and 3G. WTF?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones