• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Oops! You need a data connection to check for updates?

desktop

I have the Moto G with Boost. I just discovered an odd problem. When I go to try a system update it tells me "Oops! You need a data connection to check for updates."

Now why would I need a data connection when the phone already has a 3G one? I've never gotten this message before so I'm curious why it's happening now.

If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it. Thanks :)

That is odd. The only thing that I can think is that you have some kind of setting on it so it'll only download files that are bigger than a certain amount to only download over wifi.

That is odd. The only thing that I can think is that you have some kind of setting on it so it'll only download files that are bigger than a certain amount to only download over wifi.

If that's the case I have no idea where that setting would be. I tried searching on Google for where I could "uncheck Wi-fi only" for downloading, but I couldn't find anything.

I asked about this in the Motorola Moto G community forums and they told me the service was down for everyone. It works now so they must have fixed it.

If anyone ever wants to ask questions about their Motorola phones this is a great forum here: https://forums.motorola.com/pages/home

Back
Top Bottom