• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root opinion?

I'm running 2.2.1 rooted (after using Trident's instructions), and I like it a lot. Even without overclocking it feels faster than any other 2.1 ROM I used before, and so far it's been rock solid in terms of stability. No random reboots or home crashes like I was getting every few days with Punisher.

Thumbs up from me.
kyle5434

Upvote 0
I'm running 2.2.1 rooted (after using Trident's instructions), and I like it a lot. Even without overclocking it feels faster than any other 2.1 ROM I used before, and so far it's been rock solid in terms of stability. No random reboots or home crashes like I was getting every few days with Punisher.

Thumbs up from me.
kyle5434
Ditto. Very smooth and responsive. I was running Velocity 0.4 (excellent by the way), but would have random reboots from time to time. So far so good with rooted 2.2.1

Upvote 0
Didn't like it. The screen would hesitate when selecting something. Both my corporate and personal e-mails would open in landscape mode. The battery would drain twice as fast as before. The one time I got linpack to run, out of many tries, I got a 7.4 - not bad - but serveral times I had to abort an several times I got a .645 or something like that. I went back to a nand backup. I'm currently running 2.1update1 with Dreelisdee's OC Kernel and Velocity .04, Runs great now!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones