• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Opinions on the Sony S w/ ICS (woot-related)

vobguy

So woot has a sale on the 32G Tablet S , WITH a cradle, for 259.99

I would probably want to install ICS straightaway, I assume there is a US region stock rom for that immediately, could it upgrade OTA?

What are the "gotchas" with this tablet? Is it difficult to root? Any Sony gotchas like rootkits that infect your PC?

I am sorely tempted.

Better hurry if you want one. Five hours left or until sold out. I jumped in after reading a bunch of reviews figuring you can't get hurt at this price. Monday delivery for an extra 8 bucks.

That's not fair - you got it at half price!!! :D
(it's a great tablet!! have fun with yours!)

I did decide to get one. I took the free shipping option instead, though I wanted to go with the 2 day shipping, I figured I should save my money since my wife isn't likely to share my enthusiasm for this purchase lol.

I just ordered one with credit card points (hence "free"). It seems like the specs are good and I'm tired of having hot noisy laptop on my lap.

Just received mine. A day later than I paid for but Woot made it good. Easy to set up and I'll download ICS tonight.

Back
Top Bottom