• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Oreo for Motorola Moto Z ?

biggie777

Lurker
When ?

I have a Motorola Moto Z and That is on the list of phones to receive Oreo 8 os update and I have also read it was already out.

Is it and when is Motorola sending it out? Has anyone received this yet?

I have heard that different carriers such as Verizon are responsible for their (Droid) phones not getting it yet but I don't believe that because Lenovo has been sending all the updates. When the first generation Moto Z's and z force came out,people were skeptical about Lenovo doing a good job keeping up with updates and they have clearly been very good with this as I have received many updates,including their last OS nougat..

So where is Oreo ???

Last update yesterday the 8th. Still no Oreo. I'm excited to.recieve the new OS because it says 15 percent faster speeds/more efficient.

If anyone has any knowledge about this or is running Oreo now,I'd love to hear about it. Thanks.

I bought a Moto Z3 directly from Verizon ($240) 2 weeks ago. It came preloaded with Oreo 8.1. A security patch was immediately available which I installed with no problems. So, all I can tell you is that it is available, at least from Verizon.

Last update yesterday the 8th. Still no Oreo. I'm excited to.recieve the new OS because it says 15 percent faster speeds/more efficient.

If anyone has any knowledge about this or is running Oreo now,I'd love to hear about it. Thanks.
System settings > system update, down at the bottom should tell you.

Back
Top Bottom