• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA Is comming 4/24 according to HTC product manager

Whoa, marked my calendar. hopefully not too many problems with the sd card update thing. Should be very, very cool!

I'll put it to use as soon as it's available, still showing in certification status on the HTC website.

araxxis, you are checking the right place. You should get a notification when the update goes live.

Pocketables posted a link to the software update page on HTC's website that lists the current status of all updates. They linked to the Canadian website but a quick change to the URL gets you the update page for US. This would be the best place to keep an eye out for updates

HTC Software Updates | HTC United States

Ya i know about that page, i check it often. But that does not mean that page will get updated the same time the update goes live, it could lag behind etc.

Im just a bit miffed (although i expected this) that the update didnt go live when they said it would.

Ya i know about that page, i check it often. But that does not mean that page will get updated the same time the update goes live, it could lag behind etc.

Im just a bit miffed (although i expected this) that the update didnt go live when they said it would.

There's a battery drain issue atm, it's best to wait.

Just speculation that maybe HTC has done their part in the development process and that now VM is the one dragging their feet. If you never noticed it before, their phones are typically *a bit slow* to be updated. Maybe they're trying to incorporate some VM-branded bloatware. Hopefully, I'll be proven wrong. Soon!

Just speculation that maybe HTC has done their part in the development process and that now VM is the one dragging their feet. If you never noticed it before, their phones are typically *a bit slow* to be updated. Maybe they're trying to incorporate some VM-branded bloatware. Hopefully, I'll be proven wrong. Soon!

That's true. They shouldn't have given up on support for the HTC EVO V 4G, or maybe they just simply ran out of hardware? But it led me to this phone and I've been happy with the jelly bean responsiveness. My only gripe has been my face doing weird shit while on a call and hoping the update would resolve this issue but it sounds like I might have a lemon. I guess I'll find out when the update comes.

I also have an HTC One that I have no idea what to do with? Great phones though

I asked VM about an eta on the update and they said it's not them that pushes the updates, it's HTC themselves. Not sure how reliable their facebook team is though.

I asked VM about an eta on the update and they said it's not them that pushes the updates, it's HTC themselves. Not sure how reliable their facebook team is though.

According to HTC fb page, we are waiting for Virgin Mobile to certify the update.

The VM Facebook folks are usually incredibly helpful and accurate, I'm inclined to go with that... but obviously as stated above situation exists "He said, She Said".

Back
Top Bottom