• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OTA Update

kdraw44

Android Enthusiast
What happens if I decide to just take the OTA update? I am rooted now and have custom recovery. Will the update take? Or am I asking for trouble?

What happens if I decide to just take the OTA update? I am rooted now and have custom recovery. Will the update take? Or am I asking for trouble?
It will probably fail. If you are on 4.1.2 with custom recovery, it would be much easier to use the 4.4.2 stock rom and partition updater. If you take the OTA and it works, gaining root again is difficult.

It will probably fail. If you are on 4.1.2 with custom recovery, it would be much easier to use the 4.4.2 stock rom and partition updater. If you take the OTA and it works, gaining root again is difficult.
Thanks, I think I will try your suggestion

I have a question kind of out of topic, I need help in figuring out how to use a USB flash drive on this phone basically I need it to be able to read and use other hardware like a keyboard, gaming control etc..,I would appreciate advice from anyone who knows what they are doing .thank you

Back
Top Bottom