• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories OTAO Glass Screen Protector Product Review

Duckster

Android Enthusiast
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077MJXNJP/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was recently given some free OTAO X-LAMBO H Class Glass Screen Protectors (SP) to demo, and I was asked to give my honest opinion of their product here. I was a bit skeptical because I have yet to find a glass screen protector that works with my Otterbox Defender case for my Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I received the product quickly and installed it on my Note 8. The first thing that I noticed was the ease of installation. It was rather quick and painless. It comes with a nice protective box, instructions, an alignment installation tray, screen wipes for cleaning and dusting, and a card describing how they will “make it right” in case it cracks or does not work for any reason.

As with most screen protectors, you really should try to leave the case off the phone for at least 24 hours after installing any protector. This will allow “settling time” for the glass and give it a chance to better stick to the phone. I followed the installation instructions, and I must admit that albeit it felt a bit cheap, it was really a strong glass! The sticky part is all around the edges only. There is a moderate black coating/line that covers the top and bottom portion of the phone, and a smaller black line around the sides, but I did not notice any interference. There are also holes cut out for each viewer and speaker at the top rather than just an exposed area.

The OTAO protector worked very well without the case and there was never any air pockets or unsticking adhesive at all without the case. I have tried several other protectors and they eventually cracked or unsealed with the Otterbox Case on. This product was no exception and it did the same thing with this particular case. I’m in the market for a new case that won’t push up or squeeze the glass too tight. However, without the case, this was the only glass screen protector that I have tried (approximately 6) that did not crack in the Otterbox Defender case (it only pushed up from the sides decreasing touch sensitivity. Since I prefer to have a good protective case on this very slippery phone, I opted to remove the OTAO SP. I was curious if I could reinstall it (without the case) in case I got a different case, and to my surprise, it went right back on the phone with no issues and stayed there with outstanding sensitivity performance. I am guessing, but you will probably get 4 to 6 removals before the tape becomes unstable.

Overall, I can recommend this Glass Screen Protector as long as you do not have an Otterbox Defender case.
View attachment 128432

I'm not sure how I was selected, but I'd suspect that it was because of posts on the subject. Now if someone out there wants to give me a FREE winning lottery ticket to test, I'm all in!

Back
Top Bottom