• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Otterbox cases

Martimus

One bite at a time...
When I picked up my RAZR this morning I also picked up a case for it... a Verizon branded Otterbox Commuter. I knew that Verizon was going to sell these but was impressed since Otterbox isn't planning to release theirs for another 2 weeks or so.

Now I know some of the purists will balk at the addition of an Otterbox case. In my case, however, it makes sense since this old man is somewhat prone to dropping his phone... a definite annoyance but a broken phone would likely be much more of an annoyance.

I did an unscientific calculation of how much additional bulk the Otterbox added. According to my handy old fashioned ruler it looks like the Otterbox increases the thickness of the phone to somewhere around 20mm. While that's a lot it's still about half the thickness of my old Droid X in a Trident Kracken case.

Oh and speaking of Trident, I'm told that they are planning to release cases for the Droid Razr at some point. I look forward to that since I actually prefer the feel of the Trident case in my hand.

I did the same thing. Kind of a shame to take such a sleek profile and stick it in a case but . . . . . too bad they don't have one like they did for the X2 where it was just a clip and nothing stayed with the phone when you took it out of the holster.

Has a nice little stand I guess . . . .

When I picked up my RAZR this morning I also picked up a case for it... a Verizon branded Otterbox Commuter. I knew that Verizon was going to sell these but was impressed since Otterbox isn't planning to release theirs for another 2 weeks or so.

Now I know some of the purists will balk at the addition of an Otterbox case. In my case, however, it makes sense since this old man is somewhat prone to dropping his phone... a definite annoyance but a broken phone would likely be much more of an annoyance.

I did an unscientific calculation of how much additional bulk the Otterbox added. According to my handy old fashioned ruler it looks like the Otterbox increases the thickness of the phone to somewhere around 20mm. While that's a lot it's still about half the thickness of my old Droid X in a Trident Kracken case.

Oh and speaking of Trident, I'm told that they are planning to release cases for the Droid Razr at some point. I look forward to that since I actually prefer the feel of the Trident case in my hand.

Quit trying to steal my thunder old man!!! ;)

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-razr/443842-otterbox-cases-out.html

Do the Otterbox cases work with the car/hdmi dock? I know they fit loosely with the other VZW holster and the rubber case (from other forum posts). I hope they'll work with the Otterbox or I need a different solution. TIA!

Back
Top Bottom