• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

outlook app on android nearly useless

Grazuncle

May 3, 2010
Birmingham
Don't know where else to post this.. apologies

My wife has a hotmail account.. it is ok to use on her Windows pc using the built into Windows 10 Outlook app (not the outlook program from Office).. not great but useable.

However when using the outlook app (free) on her Android phone (or even her 10" tablet) the sender/from part of the app display takes up so much room on the screen that there is virtually no space left to read email content in the righthand panel! If she opens it up or makes it bigger she has to scroll the message left to right to read it.

She can't be the only one with this annoying problem? Solution or work around we're not aware of?

Many thanks.

I use the Outlook app a lot. I have a full screen view of my inbox or an email.

I wonder if it is something to do with Hotmail, I changed my address to xxx@Outlook.com years ago, and it was changed to xxx@live.co.uk before that.

I may have set it up differently to the default, but I see no way of doing that.
Can you set up an Outlook.com address to see how that appears. It used to be routine to be able to convert your address from @hotmail to @Outlook.com but I may be mistaken.

Here's what my xxx@Outlook. com app looks like, and I can point you to the various options. It sounds like your experience is very different.
Also check what version of the app you have, (version 4.2304.2) and which Android version are you on?

(Gremlins are affecting screenshot uploads)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Grazuncle
Upvote 0
thanks for your extensive and quick reply.. (y)(y)

could well be a problem with hotmail.co.uk address.

I'll check out your pointers. If it were me I'd ditch hotmail and go to something else.. it is usually slow in action.. receiving or sending whatever computer she uses.. but you know wht it's like with people who hate change. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones