• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TARDISblue

Lurker
Nov 22, 2012
I don't know what the take rate is going to be on these, but it seems we've got a couple of owners already.

Got mine a few days ago. First Android phone. Loving it so far. No plans to root it or anything fancy, just enjoy a decent functioning phone that will take the abuse of my life.

Initial notes:
I was having trouble earlier with S-Voice when the phone was synced to my car. I would open it up with the Home Key Shortcut, but the mic button wouldn't start glowing blue. I don't know what that was about. Will see if I can replicate that.

Wish there was an ambient light sensor. My 4 year old BB Pearl had an ambient light sensor. Will feel really stupid if I just couldn't find it in the power settings.

I wish there was a way to use the enter key on the keyboard to send messages instead of having to reach up to tap the send button next to the text box. That's just me being lazy.

Can't wait to hear everyone elses' comments.

I don't know what the take rate is going to be on these, but it seems we've got a couple of owners already.
There are. Thankfully the Pro has competant specs for the most part. Things will hopefully pickup over time. Root and custom recoveries helped out a bit.

Wish there was an ambient light sensor. My 4 year old BB Pearl had an ambient light sensor. Will feel really stupid if I just couldn't find it in the power settings.
Oh, but it looks like there is one. Look at the front of the screen between the earpiece and front mount camera. Where the screen protectors are all have a notch missing. That shadow / hole should be an ambient light sensor :) I will be digging into it a bit more as my ROM work progresses.

Note: you missed nothing... the Samsung ROM does not have an auto-brightness ensore.

I wish there was a way to use the enter key on the keyboard to send messages instead of having to reach up to tap the send button next to the text box. That's just me being lazy.
This may be an app / keyboard setting. I highly recommend looking into alternative keyboards and SMS apps. One nice thing about android is that it can be "made your own" much easier than most. You can swap out most components of the system pretty easily.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones