• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Package Access Helper running my battery down

Pinmac1

Android Enthusiast
I have a Galaxy Note running stock 4.1.2 Android. Over the last couple of days my battery usage has gone mad and only lasting 8-9 hours. I thought it was a duff battery and put my spare in but same result. When I looked at the battery usage I found that Package Access Helper was top of the list with 35% when it never shows usually. I Googled the problem but there was nothing very helpful.

I am also having trouble downloading any apps or deleting cache. I have rebooted several times, done a battery pull and have re-enabled all the apps I had disabled. It has made no difference and the PAH continues to hammer my battery.

Does anyone have any suggestions please as my phone isn't usable for a full day at the moment?

Yes, that was suggested by a few people but apparently even that is no guarantee of getting rid of the problem which surprised me. May have to try but I really want to avoid it if I can.

Well if you look at your problem you said you having trouble downloading apps . I would reset my Google data first if it continue would next do a factory data reset to wipe all bad data from the device

By "reset Google Data" do you mean sign out of my Google account and sign back in again? I take it that this wouldn't have any effect on my contacts, calendar etc?

It looks as though I can go in under Settings>Accounts>Google and remove the account. It is the only account on the phone. Will I then be able to go straight back in and add the account back in to see if it fixes the problem?

No that wont it will tell you to log out of Google first
Just do the factory data reset it will
A. FIX YOUR BATTERY
B. IT WILL ALSO WIPE THE GOOGLE DATA SO YOU CAN DOWNLOAD APKS .

i had a problem with pah also
i have removed all google apps and framework from my stock romi think my problem started either when i removed the stock screensaver (had so muxh extra crap.why does a screensaver need to know when add or remove apps) or when i changed my apk installer

i fixed it by removing the package acces helper and installer
i manually install and uninstall now
a little extra work but now have much more system resources and battery life

Thanks for the suggestions. I have ended up having to reset which was a pain but at least the problem has gone away.

Back
Top Bottom