• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pay As You Go?

I have the Galaxy S on contract from Orange.....I'm over the moon with the phone.....Just love it. My brother wants one.....but he doesn't want a pay monthly contract. If he buys a Galaxy S and runs it using a Pay-As-You-Go Sim card (Top Up)will he still be able to use ALL the same features as I can on my contract sim?....Like will he still be able to use youtube, GPS, etc etc.?

He'll be able to use everything just like you. However he'll have to watch his mobile data usage, a smartphone can have all sorts of data going in and out, and on a pay and go card, mobile data isn't cheap.

Hi,

I can't speak for the Galaxy S in particular but I have a HTC Legend and run that off an orange PAYG (Dolphin) SIM and it works fine. the only thing to watch out for is that you get a 3G SIM (if you've already got a 2G one you can go to an Orange shop and swap it - keeping your number - for the cost of a

Hi,

I can't speak for the Galaxy S in particular but I have a HTC Legend and run that off an orange PAYG (Dolphin) SIM and it works fine. the only thing to watch out for is that you get a 3G SIM (if you've already got a 2G one you can go to an Orange shop and swap it - keeping your number - for the cost of a

If he's going to use a lot of data, which I guess he would otherwise why get a smartphone, then I would suggest GiffGaff. Tesco mobile is also not bad but GiffGaff does not have a fair use policy on their pay as you go unlimited mobile data.

Back
Top Bottom