• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Payment Options for Samsung Galaxy S5 + April 11th Launch Date

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted User

went into a local boost store to pay my hubbys cell bill; and we were talking to him about the S5. he said his store will receive a shipment on april 10th. so it looks like the boost stores will launch on the same day as the major carriers.

we were also talking to him about the price; which will be $649. i asked him could i put down on it, and asked him could i make payments to him for the phone. he said that boost will have their own payment plans for the phone!! but didnt go into details...

major scoop!!

so boost/virgin may be adopting phone payment plan options like tmobile! (pay $X/mo for the phone+phone plan)

has anyone else heard of boost/virgin doing this? i will try to get more info on this and call around to some other local stores in my area.

First I have heard of it. Two things
First today is April fools day. Could be a prank.
Second if it is real it would be a way for boost and virgin to sell a lot of phones. If that is the case I will be up for it

Thought it would be closer to $700 than $500.
im glad its closer to $500. better $649 than $699; can u imagine? ppl would flame their facebook wall so hard they would have to bring the price down; plus its the same price for all carriers, all of them are pushing to pay for phones outright and eliminating contracts so we all have to bear with the cost...

First I have heard of it. Two things
First today is April fools day. Could be a prank.
Second if it is real it would be a way for boost and virgin to sell a lot of phones. If that is the case I will be up for it

the guy seemed pretty legit about the whole thing-i pray its not a joke. its a nice step up for everyone to afford nice phones, and other major carriers are doing it; so i agree that if they do this; they will make so much $$$$$$$$

That doesn't sound like something an employee would joke about for April fools, I'm sure they'd get in trouble for it.

A phone payment plan with a prepaid carrier is interesting, are there any others offering this? I can't think of any that do, everyone has you buy it up front.

On the same note boost usually announces the price within 2 weeks of release. The release is 8 days away and still no official word on price or date

I spoke with a credible source just an hour ago about this, there has been no information given to anyone about this yet. I'll call someone else when I get a chance to confirm this.

Cricket does I believe but since At&t owns them now they prob wont anymore unless At&t changes their structure....

Hello My name is Kyle I Been lurking on the website for a while and I wanted to let you guys know that you can Finance your phone with Virgin Mobile

Okay I found some solid information...

- The Galaxy S5 is NOT releasing on April 11th. This is for certain providers only, it is going to be released the 2nd week of May. This date has been set by Boost Mobile

- The price right now stands at $599. However I was told specifically that this can change. Before the S3 was released it was set at $449, 6 days before release Samsung made the MSRP $399 instead. This can happen with the S5.

As for the original poster. It seems that the Boost Worker you spoke to literally went to T-Mobile's website, read the MSRP there of $649, and thought that everyone was going to get it April 11th.

Okay I found some solid information...

- The Galaxy S5 is NOT releasing on April 11th. This is for certain providers only, it is going to be released the 2nd week of May. This date has been set by Boost Mobile

- The price right now stands at $599. However I was told specifically that this can change. Before the S3 was released it was set at $449, 6 days before release Samsung made the MSRP $399 instead. This can happen with the S5.

As for the original poster. It seems that the Boost Worker you spoke to literally went to T-Mobile's website, read the MSRP there of $649, and thought that everyone was going to get it April 11th.

sorry i wasnt able to check around to find out more info because i was sick. but i did read this morning that Verizon confirmed the off contract price for $599 just like u said, plus they have a buy one get one free deal when u preorder (!).

im guessing the certain providers will be the big 4 only? i will continue to snoop around for more info on this but thanks for the update.

Hello My name is Kyle I Been lurking on the website for a while and I wanted to let you guys know that you can Finance your phone with Virgin Mobile

yea; i tried to do that before but you have to have good credit to be able to do so. not putting my business out there but if you have bad credit; you will be saving up and not be able to participate in financing online...

yea; i tried to do that before but you have to have good credit to be able to do so. not putting my business out there but if you have bad credit; you will be saving up and not be able to participate in financing online...

From what I found they don't do a credit check. You need a big down payment and you pay huge intrest.

And the Verizon deal is for the contract price only cause it requires 2 year agreement

sorry i wasnt able to check around to find out more info because i was sick. but i did read this morning that Verizon confirmed the off contract price for $599 just like u said, plus they have a buy one get one free deal when u preorder (!).

im guessing the certain providers will be the big 4 only? i will continue to snoop around for more info on this but thanks for the update.

I talked with someone again, the information probably isn't going to change except the release date. It is for sure not coming April 11th though. All I can find out is that right now the plan is to release it the 2nd month of May. However, because there's 4 weeks in between the initial launch, if things go well, Samsung may require Boost to sell it earlier (Which Boost would do in a heart beat).

From what I found they don't do a credit check. You need a big down payment and you pay huge intrest.

And the Verizon deal is for the contract price only cause it requires 2 year agreement

they work with paypal and i have a pay pal account. i wanted to buy the s3, and i got rejected because my credit was low. they didnt even offer me to let me put even 50% down, just because i failed the credit screening-i was left with no way to buy the phone with "bill me later".

proofcreditapprvl.jpg

UPDATE: just called another boost guy; he did confirm that *some stores* will offer financing; his store wont be however. idk what terms the boost stores have to agree to or what they have to do to be able to offer financing-that is still a mystery. also with the financing; it will be similar structure to tmobile except that you have half the time to pay it off; it requires a major down payment, and to pay off the remaining balance within 3-6 months vs 2 years with tmobile.

also he said he would know by the 15th when boost will tell him when he can expect his shipment and when he can sell. sprint had to fulfill preorders first; and boost will get whats left over. so that confirms the May date launch. (2nd week??)

so im guessing all stores are different and operate differently? idk why the other guy i talked to said he would get his shipment on the 10th, and another wont find out until the 15th when his will come in and when he can sell the device.

he also said that boost will not get all the colors. he is predicting either the white or black one for boost.

he didnt confirm any details about price or anything about virgin mobile (it will prob be the same anyway).

Yes which takes effect may 6

sounds interesting...

the s3 launched june 12th: 6/12/13; wed which was in the middle of the second week for june

so 5/14/14, is also on a wed, which is also in the middle of the second week for may...

i think we can expect a date around 5/14/14
=====
ok i researched their facebook page;

on 6/5/13 (wed); they announced that they would have a live talk with Andre Smith to answer any and all consumer questions. a lot of speculation was going on about the s3 then. the talk would take place the next day.

then the next day; 6/6/13; they had the chat with Andre that ended at 10:59am.

at 12:00pm, they made another post announcing the s3 on 6/6/13 (thurs)!

they also had a flash surprise celebrity appearance right after the device announcement-i guess to celebrate? it was the rapper The Game last year...it was posted to the page at 2:24pm and said to happen within the next 30mins, so that would appearance would happen at 3pm.

SO

if we keep a look out on their fb page; we can expect a event to happen the day before the announcement, then the announcement, a celebration?; and a week later or so the device will be available. the s3 came out on a wednesday so maybe they will do it on a wednesday like last year, that would be the 14th.

some event announcement: 5/6/14 (tues)
the event: 5/7/14 (wed)
device announcement: 5/7/14 (wed) 12pm(?)
surprise celebrity appearance: 5/7/14 3pm(?)
device launch date: 5/14/14 (wed)

OR

none of this can happen and they will pull a rabbit out of a hat and knock us all off our chairs and pull the date announcement out of their a#*. :mad:

(sidenote: they also tagged their customer service reps for the fb page in the announcement, if u follow the page like i do; they show u the identities of JC, HM, MC, and KN; although i see new people more these days than the others...)

ok so i found another pattern!! boost post pics to its fb page about its phones right. ok take the S5 into consideration for a sec: (*also l see that boost likes to make important posts between or around 12 & 3pm)

post#1:
ok after the unpacked 5 event; boost made this picture post on friday at 12:01pm; 2/28/14saying that the S5 was *almost here*.

1964995_10151962448873342_141440769_n.png

post#2:
on wednesday, march 5th at 11:56am, they made a picture post with a link going to cnet to explain the S5 features
1012422_10151971692003342_1168034829_n.jpg

post#3:
on wednesday, march 19th at 3:16pm, they made another picture post saying "just in case you missed it" with the same cnet link and picuture.
1979556_10151997872408342_1387799998_n.jpg

post#4:
on friday, march 28th at 2:26pm, a month later after the first major "coming soon announcement" they made another picture post about the "next big thing coming *again*"
10007433_10152013083488342_797395515_n.jpg

notice how the major picture posts happen on fridays; and how the minor informational posts happen on wednesdays for these pictures? very interesting indeed :) :P

so maybe we can expect another major picture announcement to happen on friday, april 11th???

also u see the last picture of the S5 that its white; so most likely that this phone will come out in the color white only; or they could surprise us...

Back
Top Bottom