• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PC Mag Author To Android Fans:

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Long time readers of phandroid will know that we’re not afraid to call people out. And that’s exactly what we’re doing to a Mr. John C. Dvorak who a few days ago wrote an article titled, “Cell Phone Mania Must Stop Now!” We can understand that he’s, “sick of reading about new phones,” but how about [...]

More...

Us old timers will recall Dvorak's PC-oriented radio show where he would get giddy with excitement every week over the latest little PC app. He always came across as that guy you know who THINKS he knows all about computers.

This is a ridiculous article. I think that this kind of goes against the point of his F-ing job. He make himself look like he is on some equal opportunity program at PC mag for slow wit retirees who use a rotary phone and telegraph on a daily basis. New devices and networking FTW! :D

clearly mr. Dvorak doesn't UNDERSTAND what a social networking website is, or what it's for. Yes some people join and "befriend" everyone in the known universe. usually those people are around 14-21, I know that's what I did on myspace until I realized I had 50 "friends" but didn't know most of them.
I've since ditched Myspace (no syndication for blogs) and took up with Facebook. The people on my face book aren't strangers, far from it, actually. With very few exceptions (maybe a handful) they are people I've actually met in real life. The majority are people from college, various coworkers and bosses from old jobs, a few guys I dated(or almost dated), people from my theatre company, high school friends, and then just regular friends and family members. All in all, 107 people, all of whom I actually know. All but 2 of them I've actually met in real life.

Dvorak is the tech industry cranky grandfather/devils advocate. He will, and i've seen him do it a thousand times, choose an established product over an emitting one (such as blackberry over G1, as an example.)

He has very much a "prove it" attitude with new devices. He's a sceptic. give it a year and he will be saying "it wasn't ready back then but now it is blah blah"

Though i do like his no BS attitude and willingness to call things that are trendy stupid.

Back
Top Bottom