• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Personal Articles policy

Yes, but you have to remember one thing - the loss has to be caused by a covered peril - i.e. fire, wind, lightning, theft/mysterious disappearance, etc. Water damage is not covered, nor is dropping and breaking it, both of which ARE covered by the $7.99 a month policy through Asurion. How much of a bargain it is all depends on how much risk you are willing to assume.

Reactions: humboldtsgt
Upvote 0
So...if you ruin it in water, you can just throw it into the woods and claim someone stole it?

Yes, theoretically, but the first thing the claims adjuster is going to do is ask you if you filed a police report. No win situation either way - you're either gonna be guilty of insurance fraud or filing a false police report. Both felonies, I believe. If that's a risk you're willing to take, Tool, feel free, but just know karma is a bitch with no mercy. Personally, I'm not willing to be a criminal over $96 a year.

Upvote 0
Dawniere, what are you referencing? I have a personal articles policy through State farm. My policy statement says it covers any type of damage, theft or even being lost. Zero deductible. I'm personal friends with my State Farm agent - he has confirmed this. And a police report??? What policy statement are you referencing???

Huimboldt, call your agent to confirm you get full coverage with zero deductible as I do with State Farm for about $6.50 per $100 coverage. I hve been preaching this approach since May - if your coverage exists where you live, by ALL MEANS get it.

Reactions: XDaydreamerX11
Upvote 0
Yes, theoretically, but the first thing the claims adjuster is going to do is ask you if you filed a police report. No win situation either way - you're either gonna be guilty of insurance fraud or filing a false police report. Both felonies, I believe. If that's a risk you're willing to take, Tool, feel free, but just know karma is a bitch with no mercy. Personally, I'm not willing to be a criminal over $96 a year.

I can see them maybe asking for a police report if you say it was stolen.... But they are not going to ask for one if it was just lost. Actually if you went to the police about a phone YOU lost, they'll probably laugh at you.

Honesty though, when my car got broken into and everything stole (about $800 worth after deductible) they didn't even ask for one. I am sure they would have if I made a habit out of it though our otherwise made them suspicious.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones