• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone can't finished Factory Reset in 3 days

whitewind

Lurker
Hi guys. i tried to add new ROM to my phone.But i think i cant success it. i dont want to remains any files from new ROM so i did factory reset.But its only writes "formatting" in screen and restarting every 3 seconds..
i cant access downloading mode or recovery mode. is it hard brick or is there any way to revive my phone.
Thank you.

You've not said what your phone model is. That would be useful information if you can't access recovery.

It's clearly not going to work as is, so I'd try to force a full shutdown, e.g. by removing the battery (or pressing and holding the power button if you have a fixed battery), then see if you can get into the bootloader. If you can, then you can attempt recovery again or else let us know what the device is and we'll see whether we can work out how to reflash the phone.

If you can pull the battery out, leave it out for a couple of minute to ensure the RAM has discharged before re-inserting it.

My Phone model is General Mobile Discovery..i think it is on sale on Turkey..
i removed battery more than 3 hours and i started phone again.in normal start (only pressing power button) only logo disappears and nothing changing(waited 2 hours) When i try access bootloader menu it writes (formatting) and a a loading bar appears.But until it reaches %100, bar restarts over and over again.(more than 2 hours)

Ah, that is not a phone model I know anything about, and I doubt we have many people here familiar with it.

How exactly did you do the factory reset? There's more than one way, especially if you have a custom recovery.

Back
Top Bottom