• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Comparison

CoyotesFan4Evr

Android Enthusiast
OK, so I'm hoping for a rather fast response to this only because I need to know the opinions of the masses before I head to the Verizon store. So I have the HTC Droid DNA. I love the phone, however I have finally gotten the sim card error. Well here I am still waiting on the new sim card tray to arrive after waiting a week for it already. So I have taken Verizon up on their offer of the HTC One M7 for free. I get the thing yesterday and for whatever reason it doesn't want to activate so I do a FDR on it and it boot loops. Now what this gives me is the opportunity to go to the store and possibly decide on a different phone. I LOVE HTC. I wanted the One Max but it's been pulled by Verizon. So here is where I'm at. HTC One M7? LG G2? Or Motorola Maxx?

I don't have any kind of money to actually spend on the phone so I'm going with the free ones here. I'm tired of not having a working phone and since I have an upgrade I might as well take what I can get while it's there. I've had a bad taste in my mouth with Moto ever since my Razr Maxx. I haven't had much experience with LG but I had a friend's G2 in my hands last night and it was pretty awesome. I've been looking forward to the dual speakers for awhile. But I'm willing to look past that if one of the other phones is a better option all the way around.

Oh and one last thing, I am an avid root user and such. So the ease of that with each device is a factor for me. So I leave it up to all of you to help me with this since I can't really decide.

Hi there CoyotesFan,

I have moved this thread into the Device Comparison forum since you are looking to compare a few devices that you are considering to buy :)

I appreciate the help in moving this to the right spot. I actually didn't see that there was a forum for my thread. But anyways, now I know. So I guess the question I asked is no longer valid seeing as a few things happened today that caused me to go with the LG G2. I'm worried about jumping ship to the LG phone just because I've been a Motorola and HTC guy for so long. I personally feel that HTC is getting close to being at the level that Samsung is at. They are just being careful about it and they are also doing it right in my opinion.

So here's what happened after my initial post. I went to the Verizon store to see about swapping my One M7 for another One M7. However Verizon no longer carries the phone in the store. I was pretty sure of that before I went in there. So I asked if I could choose a different free phone since that's my budget. They said sure but we are going to charge you a restocking fee. Really? A restocking fee for a phone that is DOA? OK, nevermind. So I left and went home to call Verizon to have them ship me a new M7 overnight with no charge or anything. The phone is literally 24 hours old. This shouldn't be a big deal. Well they too wanted to charge me the restocking fee, OR send me out a USED phone at no charge to replace my BRAND NEW phone. Are you crazy? Yeah, I'm not so I said no.

Now I know how to get in touch with higher channels at Verizon so that's what I did. I talked with the guy for a bit about which phone to go with since the One M7 was out of stock and wouldn't ship to me until the 28th of this month. That's to long to wait. He almost had me sold on the Motorola Maxx. Until I found out that it would be a downgrade compared to my DNA. So, once he got me over the fact that the G2 I would be getting is white, he had me set on it. This time tomorrow.....I'll have a G2. I'm not thrilled with the idea but perhaps it will grow on me?

So I leave the floor still open for the opinions of the masses here to tell me what the ups and downs of each phone is just to know for my own personal knowledge.

And that's what I'm having to do is give it a shot. It's just a let down that I was finally going to have the dual front facing speakers and then to be let down. Kind of bums me out. The kicker is I looked on bestbuy.com and they have the blue One M7 for a buck. I have a dollar!! LOL But I don't know how that would work? Send both the bad One and the G2 back and then go in and have bestbuy give me the blue One?

Guess you should check the contract terms.

Unfortunately I've no experience of Verizon (as they are CDMA I don't even roam on them when I'm in the States! ;)), so can't really guess how it would work.

Well I'm in a unique situation. I ended up with a "bad" brand new HTC One M7 right out of the box. And since I need a phone now for obvious reasons, and couldn't wait until the end of the month to get another One M7 I was able to swap to the LG G2 with no restocking fee or shipping fee. However that resets my 14 day if you don't like it swap it for a different phone time frame. But the Verizon person that I spoke with that did this for me said that I was only able to swap once. But if this is under the worry free promise they give then shouldn't I still be able to say hey look I found a deal here that has the phone I really want in stock. If I return both phones and have my upgrade reset I should be able to go get the phone with no problems. Just my thoughts on it anyways.

Back
Top Bottom