• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Rattling

eric0668

My new Pixel XL has a faint rattle in the upper part of the phone. I was/am worried about this and can immediately send back and get a new one..

However I Google'd it and saw that one or two people said NFW, definitely exchange it, BUT I saw a few people, 2 Pixels and one Nexus 6P and they said that it is absolutely fine

They told me to tap it and hear the rattle...which I did

Then they said open the camera app....which I did. The sound was gone. They said it was the mechanical part of the lens

If I could get your opinion on this, on the Pixel or any other phone I'd be very grateful

Thanks
Eric

My new Pixel XL has a faint rattle in the upper part of the phone. I was/am worried about this and can immediately send back and get a new one..

However I Google'd it and saw that one or two people said NFW, definitely exchange it, BUT I saw a few people, 2 Pixels and one Nexus 6P and they said that it is absolutely fine

They told me to tap it and hear the rattle...which I did

Then they said open the camera app....which I did. The sound was gone. They said it was the mechanical part of the lens

If I could get your opinion on this, on the Pixel or any other phone I'd be very grateful

Thanks
Eric

I think that's your answer. The noise you can hear is the camera lens rattling when the phone is shaken, and when you turn the camera on, the lens is locked in position by the auto-focus. I've seen and heard this myself with other phones, and I'm sure it's perfectly normal and OK.

Back
Top Bottom