• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Definitely improved in my experiences. My wife and I both went from S3's to S5's. Normally she leaves her phone in her desk at work and checks it a couple times a day. With the s3, her battery never made it through her work day. Same conditions with the S5 and she has 75-80% battery. I also have noticed in my office where my S3 would not bring up web pages, the S5 works very well.

Upvote 0
I'd say improved. I go into this building that is all metal that is notorious for swallowing signals. Lots of folks have to go outside to use their cellphones. While the S5 isn't beaming with signal in the metal building, I still get more signal than others and don't have to go outside to use the phone. Which is more than other folks get.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones