• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone restarting at random two to four times in a few days.

mello35

I have a GS5 and lately ive been having random restarts without my intervention. Ive spoken to T-Mo the carrier and not much results except to do a hard reset and the like but problem persists. Are there any other GS5 users with the same issue? Some insight from the forum would help me in getting this annoying thing resolved. Thanks.

well you said a hard reset & the like, so I assume you cleared the cache also.
If all else fails you may have to do a factory reset :( save that option for last...

I have a GS5 and lately ive been having random restarts without my intervention. Ive spoken to T-Mo the carrier and not much results except to do a hard reset and the like but problem persists. Are there any other GS5 users with the same issue? Some insight from the forum would help me in getting this annoying thing resolved. Thanks.

Sorry to learn that you are having problems on your T-Mobile phone. Is this the International version of the T-Mobile phone, SM-G900F, or the carrier branded minority variant for the U.S.A., SM-G900T? (See #1.2 of 35 Galaxy S5 models - know yours???)

As systemofadown assumes, I would also guess that T-Mobile took you through the cache wiping process on your phone, see #1.3 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide, (this guide is not just for the Lollipop update), as this usually solves a lot of problems. If you have already done this, move on to Safe Mode, #1.4, to determine whether it is an app or setting that is causing your issue or, if it is the actual firmware.

Back
Top Bottom