• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone seizes up after updating apps

• Thread starter Thread starter Phone lags after updates
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    updates
P

Phone lags after updates

I have a CAT B15 Android smart phone running Android 4.1.2.

For the past two months or so I've been having a sporadic but extremely annoying issue.

Every once in a while my phone starts to "seize up", as I call it. When this happens the following things happen:
1) Lags horribly. Apps take 20s-30s to load and touchscreen input takes a few seconds to register
2) Time in the status bar gets "stuck". If it starts seizing up at 3:15PM, the time in the upper right corner will still say 3:15PM even after 20-30 mins passes. Loading up the Clock app will cause the correct time to display, though.
3) Incoming SMS messages are doubled. Everytime someone texts me, I get it, then I get the same text again a few minutes later.
4) Outgoing SMS messages often fail to send.. they'll say "Sending" for 4-5 minutes then say it failed to send. Oddly, sometimes the person I'm texting still receives it even though my phone says it couldn't send
5) Data connectivity cuts in and out a lot, even in areas where I normally get near-flawless 4G coverage (I live in a city center).
6) If I press the power button to lock my phone, when I push the button again, instead of loading the unlock screen right away, the buttons will light up but the screen will still be black. This goes on for maybe 10-20s before the unlock screen displays.

Putting my phone into safe mode immediately cures the problem.. everything functions normally. If I put it back into regular mode right away though, the problem comes back. I have to leave it in safe mode for a few hours, then load it up again before the problem goes away.

I've noticed this starts to happen whenever I update all my apps using the Play Store. As soon as the updates finish, this seize up problem starts.

I have no idea what this is or why it's happening.

Hi i had much similar issues wich and it only started randomly after about a year....however it first started to freez up randomly and continuisly giving low memory issues causing services to stop.

Then recently i downloaded apps etc and it started to redirect when browsing and downloading and installing apps on its own,also a lot of random popup ads.....i visited a few diferent forums and tried t lot of fixes with no sucess...

Eventualy i stumbled onto another forum and i installed ( malware bytes) wich helped to identify the real issues wich was trojan viruses hidden well away in the system folder....and just to say i had installed about 4 diverent antivirus software apps wich did not pick it up.

Malware bytes detects the viruses but canot remove them....because the viruses gave themselves administrator rights and privilages

Continued....
I did factory reset....no sucess the virus writes itself into the factory backup system folder also(disguised as a legimate app like free music player)

A normal flash and software reload also dont remove the virus.

But however a forced flash and then complete OS reload removes all the traces of the viruses

My CAT-B15 is working like a new one now with no problems....

If your google account used on your pc or laptop is syncronised to your phone also it need to be cleaned as well because it will infect your browser on your phone again......i have the links and apps to fix your pc too...(to remove redirect virus)

Back
Top Bottom