• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone shuts down right after startup

lucade2210

Lurker
May 28, 2011
Hello,

I have had a HTC Desire Z with android 2.2 for about three years now. Has been working fine till now. Recently I charged my Phone to 100 percent while it was off. Then I started it up and it showed my the PIN screen as usual. However my touch screen did not work, so I could not type anything. Then after 5 or seconds or something it shut down by itself.

This is happening every time now. I have had once that I could type in PIN and unlock and go to home screen but it immediately showed me the 'shut down' window and it shut itself down right after.

I've tried to go to the bootloader thing (by holding power and volume down button) and that worked. I did a factory reset and that also worked because my background picture has changed (i can also see that for like a few seconds before it shuts down by itself again). But even though I reset it, I still have the same problem.

I tried the recovery thing, but I keep getting a picture of an HTC Phone with a red triangel with an ! in it next to the phone.

Does anyone have any idea what is going here, since I have no clue whatsoever. I have searched other forums and topics, but can't seem to find and answer or even someone else with the same problem I'm having.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones