• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone switching off automatically while using.

Does any one have got automatic shutting down issue or boot looping issue with nokia 6.1 plus?

• Total voters
My phone (nokia 6.1 plus) is switching off automatically while using.It will switch on only when charger is connected even though battery shows above 90%.

Without the charger it gets repeatedly boot until the android logo appears.

Even though i am able to switch it on by connecting the charger and use it normally by disconnecting charger after booting ,it will again switch off when i play any media or start browsing .

I had also made a factory reset to the phone but it cannot solve the problem.

Can anyone help me regarding this issue?

Last edited:
It's a curious mix. My first thought when something crashes as activity increases, which is what seems to be described here, is usually thermal issues, but if it were that then plugging the charger in would make it worse rather than better. So my best guess is a problem with the power delivery (either a faulty battery, a loose connection or some other bad component).

In any event this isn't a software problem, so it's repair or replace I'm afraid.

It sounds like it could be a bad battery.

A phone runs off of the battery, even when plugged into a charger.

The charger charges the battery, but will not run the phone.

Because of this, you must have a battery.

It seems that your device works fine when plugged in, correct?

Have you opened the back of the phone and looked to see if the battery has swollen?

A swollen battery can cause the issue you are describing.

The battery is weak, and/or has a bad connection.
While charging, the charger is keeping the battery fully powered.

But as soon as you disconnect from the charger, the phone places a draw on it- and now the battery is no longer being fed by the charger.

The battery has good voltage, but not enough amperage, and quickly dies, causing the phone to quit working.

If you like the device, a new battery is iften only $10-$15 USD.

Actually if you suspect a swollen battery I'd advise not charging it, as it's a potential fire hazard. I'd say "back up now", but if you've done a factory reset I guess you have a backup already.

The last time I encountered a swollen battery was an old iPhone 5 that some friends were planning to give to a relative, except that the front panel had started to come off. Since it was pushing up on the side the battery was under the diagnosis was clear. Fortunately that particular phone was also very easy to dismantle and swap the battery - I suspect that some modern designs that use a lot of adhesive might be more work..

Back
Top Bottom