• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Volume Lowering Randomly.

Hi everyone, i searched up this problem but it does not appear to be a headphone jack or button issue, which is the problem for a majority of people.

Every since I got the LG G6, my volume has decided to play games with me, lowering for a brief moment before returning to normal as though i got a message. As of now, the periods of time when the volume is lowered are much longer. It is really annoying when im trying to play some tunes.

The reason it is not the headphone jack is because this happens on the phone speaker too.

The reason this is not a button issue is that the volume officially does not change. When it lowers the phone is technically still on max volume and i cant raise it back up myself, i just have to wait until it stops ****ing with me.

Is there hope for this glitch?

Reactions: zisskar
Hi @yuryitkachenko96. Welcome to the Android Forums.

Your problem does indeed sound unique. Usually when sound lowers on its own it is accompanied by a popup message saying "Prolonged use at high volume..." and it turns down on its own until you turn it back up. This usually applies to Music and Movies when you have the headphones plugged in. I've never experienced this during a phone call. Does it only happen when you're moving? It could have something to do with signal strength? Just guessing.
Have you tried a Restart? Can't hurt, might help.

Upvote 0
I do have that feature where it lowers the volume for safety. In this case though the volume is lowered visibly on the sliding volume adjustment bar and doesnt go back up on its own so it appears to be unrelated.

Surprisingly this only happens on media. However it happens whether i have anything plugged in or not. It happens on all apps.

It kinda sucks i have to factory reset for something like this

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones