• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone vs. Incallu

Nothing out of the ordinary. Both pertaining to your phone and calls

Ok but are both through the same place? Like when I open my activity it will show - "phone" at 00:00am
When I click on it - it takes me to the play store. I'm trying to figure out if its an app.
The "incallu" research shows its a basic call - no matter if it's incoming or outgoing

Correct. If I'm just looking at my call log, or selecting someone to call, I'm using the Phone app. I'm only using the in-call user interface (i.e. "incallui") when I'm actually in a call, but then it doesn't matter whether I initiated the call or not, if I'm in a call I'm using the in-call UI.

"Phone" is the "dialer" app, the interface for making calls, reviewing call logs, looking at contacts. The in call UI is a system component that comes into play when you are actually in a call. Technically it's an app (everything you interact with is), but it's a low-level one that comes with the operating system rather than one you can find in the Play Store. So you can use a different dialer app (there are alternatives in the Play Store), but doing that won't change the in-call UI.

Back
Top Bottom