• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone went into roam,data speeds trippled?

BrianJB

Android Enthusiast
I live in Indiana, we do have 4g in the town I live in, but its very spotty (have to be outside and holding phone at eye level to get signal)

My 3g speeds have always topped out around .20mbps...Well today I was driving to the store and noticed my phone had went into roam in an area where I always have service, I dont know why but I decided to check my 3g speeds, when to my surprise I was getting 1.5mbps?! Anyone ever had this happen to them?

I thought data was capped while in roam?, Is it possible that my phone some how tapped into a vzw tower and that tower thought my phone was a vzw phone?

I live in Indiana, we do have 4g in the town I live in, but its very spotty (have to be outside and holding phone at eye level to get signal)

My 3g speeds have always topped out around .20mbps...Well today I was driving to the store and noticed my phone had went into roam in an area where I always have service, I dont know why but I decided to check my 3g speeds, when to my surprise I was getting 1.5mbps?! Anyone ever had this happen to them?

I thought data was capped while in roam?, Is it possible that my phone some how tapped into a vzw tower and that tower thought my phone was a vzw phone?

Dude, 3G is typically around 1mbps and everyone knows that Verizon's 3G is faster than Sprint. I think Sprint ranks #4 in regard to 3G speeds out of all the carriers.

Back