• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone wet...no camera

rolandx

A week ago my Razar got a quick dunking. It was in a plastic bag, but not sealed completely.
For a while it just kept rebooting, but after a night in a bag of rice everything's settled down. Everything seems to work now except
the camera "fails to initialize". I have several camera apps and I get the same message with each one. I also notice the led does not work with my flashlight app.
I have cleared the cache. Does anyone think a FDR would restore the camera?

I seriously doubt it as it is most likely a hardware problem and not a software issue, but at this point I guess anything wld be worth a try! Good luck

Generally, the minimum it will need to dry is 48 hours, maybe longer.

The issue sounds hardware, but as djclemon states, a factory reset is worth a go.

Thanks for the replies.
It's been drying over a week, but that's what I though.(hardware issue) When I get around to doing a FDR I'll let you know the results. I can live without the camera.

You could take that route. If it was me I would have the phone serviced. My concern would be what ELSE was damaged?

If I was going to get it serviced I would do a Factory Data Reset before just to make sure.

So ... my strategy would be to plan on it being replaced and do a Factory data Reset in preparation for that.

... Thom

If the FDR doesn't do the trick, I would bring it to a place that does water damage repair. My company does that. The tech has to open it, then use an ultrasonic machine to clean under-around-all over the logic board. He might unseat the camera ribbon and reseat it again and see if that does the trick. If it doesn't, then you might need to replace the camera on it. But that's not 100% guaranteed either. Once the logic board is exposed to liquid/moisture, you have potential to have further problems down the road. One day the docking port won't charge. THe next, your earphone won't work, Wifi won't work, etc.

Good luck-

Thanks for those suggestions.
The phone is almost 2 years old, and I'm elegible for an upgrade, so I would just replace it before I invested any money in repairs.
Although the S4 looks nice, I'm waiting to see what Motorola has coming next.

Back
Top Bottom