• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photos are blurry every snapshot.

Milo Willamson

Android Expert
In my Moto z2 force, I do not know what I did to the settings in the apps either, I just like kind of idle for it, did the default - clean up the apps cache, cleaned up the phone. But still each snapshot it is super blurry and kind of want a nice snapshot.

Hey dear, could you post an example or two? It might help narrow down whether it's intentional (like a photographic effect) or unintentional (like a malfunctioning camera/phone).

I know there are all kinds of [sometimes goofy] effects that can be chosen, so maybe 'blurry' is one you inadvertently selected. :o

Ah thanks, well here is the most recent ones.

Attachments

• IMG_20190523_110306496.jpg
    IMG_20190523_110306496.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_20190523_110153872_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20190523_110153872_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 299
I have around 600 like that, last week it was fine. Here is of last week.

Attachments

• IMG_20190516_202723.jpg
    IMG_20190516_202723.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 300
Do you keep your phone in a case that has a plastic or glass protector? It almost appears to be the auto-focus functionality of the camera is being altered somehow.

Do you keep your phone in a case that has a plastic or glass protector? It almost appears to be the auto-focus functionality of the camera is being altered somehow.
Rubber , the verizon guy gave it to me, when purchasing the cellphone, I have a smashed lense on accident, one of the strangers at an office accidently used his cane, on my bookbag, I forgot to pick it up, because of the timing and my stupid reflex of niceness kicked in. He was an old salt dog too.

Those pics looks very much like a problem with the auto-focus. And if you're saying the phone has impact damage, then that's very likely the cause. An auto-focus lens is a moving mechanical part. Repair service required.

That is really funny, I sanpshot a bunch of cartoon stills on my tablet, and each one seems pretty decent. What is up with this phone anyone know?

Those pics looks very much like a problem with the auto-focus. And if you're saying the phone has impact damage, then that's very likely the cause. Repair service required.
Again I do not have the money or the time to get a new one. I am taking extra care of this phone.

That is really funny, I sanpshot a bunch of cartoon stills on my tablet, and each one seems pretty decent. What is up with this phone anyone know?

Because those are close-up, the out of focus sample pics you posted are distant. I think that very much confirms that the camera's auto-focus isn't working. Which is repair required, and nothing else you can do. No idea how much that would cost for a Moto Z2 Force.

If the camera module itself was physically damaged, none of the software fixes you were trying are going to repair it. Either have the camera module replaced at a trusted repair facility or if you're handy with tools and willing to tear down your phone, iFixit has a step-by-step guide on how to replace it:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Motorola+Moto+Z2+Force+Rear+Facing+Camera+Replacement/103317

Otherwise, looking up the specs on your phone the main, rear camera is 12 MP but the front (a.k.a. 'selfie') is 5 MP. Perhaps you can get by using the front camera more until the main camera can be replaced. It's not ideal but a 5 MP is still an adequate stop-gap solution, it wasn't that long ago that the main camera in our phones were in that 5 megapixel range.

Back
Top Bottom