• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Picking up a Razr Maxx tomorrow!

Shockwave78

Android Enthusiast
Have had iphones for years...Then i had my stint with the Gnex that i loved for about 3 or 4 months. Sadly battery life was the main reason i got rid of it. I have been thinking about the max the last couple days and finally went to try it out today and liked it.

So whats the latest on ICS for thing?
What's the delay?
How much of a difference does the leaked ICS make compared to 2.3.5.. I keep hearing how battery life on ICS is much better than the older Android versions. So there should be an increase coming from 2.3.5 correct?

Thanks for your input.

I too am dropping my iPhone 4. I was looking for something with 4G and a larger screen. The iPhone, IMO, is old technology.

I'm looking forward to receiving my Razr MAXX on Friday!

I too am dropping my iPhone 4. I was looking for something with 4G and a larger screen. The iPhone, IMO, is old technology.

I'm looking forward to receiving my Razr MAXX on Friday!

I can't say i won't go back to the iphone, who knows. There were a few things that bugged me about the Gnex other than battery life. It just seemed like everything i did on ICS took two or three button when with the iphone it was always one or two.

Also...

I am kinda if the debating period now on whether or not i should even buy it. I have been seeing some ICS builds on the Razr and some of them just look gaudy as hell. Will the official version most likely have different themes? I would really just like to have that look that the Gnex had. On a lot of the ICS razr vids i saw, ICS looks completely different...

Also...

I am kinda if the debating period now on whether or not i should even buy it. I have been seeing some ICS builds on the Razr and some of them just look gaudy as hell. Will the official version most likely have different themes? I would really just like to have that look that the Gnex had. On a lot of the ICS razr vids i saw, ICS looks completely different...

The gaudiness you are seeing is likely the MotoBlur widgets. I, too, switched from the Nexus to the RAZR for the horrid signal problems I experienced. I have the leaked 6.14.75 on my RAZR (switching to the MAXX very soon), and am VERY happy with ICS on the RAZR. Much happier than I thought I would be.

Download Apex Launcher Pro (https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwyLDEsImNvbS5hbmRkb2VzLmxhdW5jaGVyLnBybyJd). It now supports most ADW themes. I downloaded the ADW ICS theme, and I now have (mostly) all vanilla icons. I also don't use any of the Blur widgets, except for the favorite contact widget, which is actually very nice.

The menus and everything else is almost identical to Vanilla Android you're used to seeing. There aren't as many custom ROMS, but you can still root install custom ROMS and the ICS leaks (stay away from .84/.85!!!!!).

I couldn't be happier with my decision, and I promise you won't be disappointed. There are things I miss about the Nexus, but I don't regret my decision at all. And about those signal issues? Forget about it! Moto radios are a hundred times better than the Nexus and I now maintain steady 4G in my concrete/steel office building where with the GNex, I had to run outside with the phone to talk to anyone.

Not looking back anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom