• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help pictures being auto saved? how do i stop that..

Mrohrn

wondering how to stop the auto save to the foto folders on the phone.. (not to google foto)
in apps like whatsapp / facebook and more it auto save the pictures.. on iphone you could have it download the pics to the app but not to the phones memory, is that possible here too? would be great :D

wondering how to stop the auto save to the foto folders on the phone.. (not to google foto)
in apps like whatsapp / facebook and more it auto save the pictures.. on iphone you could have it download the pics to the app but not to the phones memory, is that possible here too? would be great :D
I'm trying to understand what your asking; the app is installed on the phone and the photos are saved into a folder on the same phone (as well as auto saved to a cloud storage of you have that enabled). Do you mean the default folder? Or do you mean that you want the app to take a picture and up load it to the cloud but not save it on the phone? If that last is the case, them I don't think it's possible on an Android phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

sorry for being unclear :)

what i meant is when people send me pictures on like whatsapp / facebook or similar it auto downloads it to the phones folders, under the same name as the app.
Why i want to avoid it is as i get a lot of unnecessary pictures there so instead of having to go in and delete them all the time this would be a simpler option if it now is possible!

maybe i am not understanding the options in there the right way but looked, and yes i find where it says download but that is in to the app it self it seems like... that i want but not in to the storage of the phone!

Yeah complicated one i am :P

maybe i am not understanding the options in there the right way but looked, and yes i find where it says download but that is in to the app it self it seems like... that i want but not in to the storage of the phone!

Yeah complicated one i am [emoji14]
If you download, it will go into the phones storage. That's what download means. Maybe you don't want the photos to actually download? I don't use those apps so can't help you out any further, sorry. My guess is though, that the app doesn't view the photos on the web, since it's an app it downloads to the phone. If you just want to view, then I'd suggest use the web page via your favorite browser. Then photos will stay on the web and not downloaded to the phone.

Back
Top Bottom