• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pictures disappearing

Jeff Martin

Lurker
Does anyone else have an issue where they take lots of pictures with their phone and then go back to look at them later and half of them are not there? This has been an issue with me for a few months now and it is very frustrating! I take pics and make sure they appear in the little round window where you can click on it and go to the gallery. But later when I go look at the pics or connect the phone to download them to my PC half of them or more have disappeared!

HELP!!!

Jeff

You may be looking in the wrong partition.. The sdcard reference is internal memory, the other is external sdcard

I entered settings to perform a cleanup scan. When it was finished, all my pictures (internal and sd card) now appear as blank squares. Nearly all are unable to upload in chat and or are un-viewable.

How can I recover them? Or at least 'UNDO' that cleanup?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190813-113750_Files.jpg
    Screenshot_20190813-113750_Files.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 121
I don't know what a "cleanup scan" is (some Samsung feature, or a third party app?). If deleted images were on a removable sd card then you can restore them by sticking it in a card reader, attaching that to a computer and using any file recovery software you like. Don't use it inbetween or you may overwrite them. If they are on internal storage you've probably no way of recovering them.

However from your screenshot it looks like the images are still there, just the thumbnails are gone. Most gallery apps will rebuild those anyway, but have you tried just opening them with a gallery app, a file browser, or copying/sending some elsewhere and seeing whether you can view them there? It may be just the preview that has gone.

Can you tell us exactly what this "cleanup scan" said it was going to delete? It's always a good ide to check rather than just accept all suggestions from cleanup utilities.

Back
Top Bottom