• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pixel 7

Without any additional apps I get Gmail, Text and Call led notification. This was just the standard settings. I didn't have to turn those on. I did turn notifications on for my credit union and i get a led notification for all debits and credits.

I actually have Time, Date, Weather on the main screen below I have
Gmail and Photo Look Back notification showing.

pixelsc2.jpg

Last edited:
Are you looking for an LED indicator light that would flash (like a strobe or camera) for notifications? There isn't one. There's the flash for the camera on the back, maybe there's an app that could utilize that but it's, well, on the back so not sure how effective that would be?
Looks like it's in the middle of the top.
That's the front camera that your looking at I think.

I'm looking for a small circle that blinks. Color doesn't matter. It should be somewhere near the top.

None of the notifications blink, but when i unlock the phone the notifications go to the upper left hand side of the screen which is normally blank. I also get a noise (beep) when a notification pops up

I used to enjoy rooting my phones, and imho, the best phone i've ever owned was the Nexus 6, aka the whale. Now, after going through the google play store, i've realized that with the newer apps that they have for sale you can do anything with just about any phone. Waking phones when notifications come in, changing the colors of the led lights( even if they say that there is no led light! Even the beloved Moto can get an led light. For me, it took away some of the enjoyment of having a cellphone that you don't have to bother to root. 😢

No thanks, If there is no light wrapped around for notifications then yeah, I would just simply put it off, and look for a cell that can do it automatic, I might switch back with Moto, but the price...... shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... 400$?

I don't use the stock launcher or At A Glance but that's where the weather options are. Long press the AAG widget and you can customize what shows and what shows on the lock screen. Someone who uses it can help more but that should get you started anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom