• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pixel questions

jwight

Lurker
Got the Pixel from Google today, set it up on H2O (takes some doing) and have noticed a few differences from the Galaxy S4:
1. Wireless bars no longer display "4G LTE" - just "LTE" and that is not constant

2. The Samsung has a setting to disable wireless anytime the phone in on a WiFi network. The Pixel apparently runs both constantly. The only way around this appears to be to select Airplane mode and then activate WiFi.

3. There's no "%" sign on the keyboard - or it's well hidden. Not so good for passwords...

Still getting used to Android 7.1 differences.

Too much differences. My Pixel XL and my Samsung Galaxy S6 are two different kind of phones. Miss features of my S6 at my Pixel XL.

1) "4G LTE" is a bit redundant. LTE is a 4G technology; there's no need to state it twice.

2) Does the "LTE" data indicator not disappear when connected to an internet-capable wifi network? The signal bars will remain alongside the wifi indicator to show the cellular network strength (which will be used for calls).

3) On the Google Keyboard, tap the "?1234" key at the bottom left and then the "=\<" key to find the % key (where "z" was). Also, most password input fields will make the keyboard display an extra number row at the top. Just press the shift key to toggle that row for symbol inputs - % will be at SHIFT+5, just like on a PC keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom